Thursday, February 10, 2011

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

What do you dream of when you’re wide-awake? Where does your mind take you when you need to escape the realities of your present world? Does it stem from your memories or as far away from practicality to a realm so bizarre and magical? 

Everybody dreams and our dreams only consist of what we know. Did you know 5 minutes before we wake up, we’ve already forgotten half of our dreams? If we don’t have control over dreams in the midst of our sundown coma, then why not create your own when conscious? A great way to find peace and tranquility is to roam freely and find that escape.

For example… I take myself back to the road trip Jeff and I took through the Redwoods. I imagine myself laying down in the midst of the trees, rich green moss, and brick red ground. I can see the sunlight peek through the branches with brilliant gleams of light and create illusions on the bark on the tall, green giants. Everything is still yet alive. 


You may envision yourself with a loved one far from home, at the beach with the sand between your toes and ocean mist against your bare skin, or even sliding along glassy slopes under swirly skies where gumdrops fall from trees. Whatever it may be, find that place and settle into it whenever you need a break from the weight of the world. Explore the depths of imagination; or should I say, let the depths of imagination explore you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment